So Long Mr. Howard

...wherein I detail studying overseas, being poor and everything I care about.

Name:

Desperately trying to overcome ordinary mediocrity by substituting it with psychobabble

Friday, February 24, 2006

Ok, the back story...

I realised that someone reading this randomly on the internet might not understand any of what's blog is about.

So here's the back story and why this blog was created.

The short version is that a while back, I needed to choose between getting a job (using my degree) and going overseas to do a Masters there. (...and not being able to find a job to use my degree qualified skills...) I decided to finally take the plunge and go overseas.

And herein I detail my struggles.

The long version is this:

Just after a life altering extremely diffcult period in my life, I faced two choices; either get a job and support my (difficult) family or go overseas to work with a former university supervisor (bit of a slave driver, the good kind) and start afresh there.

At first, I thought I was genuinely trying to make it work with my family. I was getting regular job inerviews, and had a couple of interesting feedbacks (read into that what you will) plus I was (or thought I was) getting into my first bona-fide relationship (yeah, at the age of 23 I know...) with 'A'.

Something kept on nagging me though and I think I may have sabotaged some opportunities unintentionally and I was getting fed up with everything (and 'A' didn't work out). So I made the call to go overseas.

I told mum and she looked like she was going to break down; but she said that she'd support me in any decision.

My brother was indifferent, and my stepdad was... (let's leave that alone for now).

My real dad was enthusiastic. I can't read stepmum just yet (she's only been that for a few months now).

So I was raring to go and created this website for friends to read and check up on me while I was overseas.

But there was some miscommunications.

I thought I was leaving in WEEKS, but It turns out I leave in MONTHS (which kinda screws me around in terms of schedule and budget).

And I found out AFTER I had told lots of people that I was leaving in a few weeks. Need to fix that.

And it turns out that I might need to stufy here for a while (in satisfying pre-requisites).

And I need to take an english exam (because I'm not a native speaker, I have to prove that I know english), depite having completed a university degree in Australia and being a (nearly) published author.

So...

On with the delays! *and more posts about my lead into doing a degree overseas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home